AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABL Pro screws up Cubase 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ponx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: ABL Pro screws up Cubase 5 Reply with quote

Hello!
I can't use ABL Pro on Cubase 5 on Vista32. It has worked once on my last vista installation, but now when i load the ABL Pro plugin and click the "edit" button, nothing happens. It's also impossible to close Cubase once i have clicked this button, i need to kill it using the task manager.

Please help ! Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ponx,
Are you sure its installed properly? Did you copy the files to your new installation or did you run the installer?

Also, did it work with Cubase 5 before?
ponx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Mike, thanks for your reply !
Yes i'm pretty sure i installed it correctly, i just changed the install directory slightly, and after the installation i added the ABL Pro directory to the VST 2.x directories in Cubase. This worked perfectly for ABL2, but for some reason not for ABL Pro. Both ABL2 and ABL Pro were shown in the "Plugin Info" screen, but their related binary were both shown as "Cubase5.exe" for some reason. After i uninstalled ABL Pro, ABL2 was shown correctly as "ABL2.dll".

I installed ABL Pro once on Vista64 and also on Vista32, and i know it worked correctly. My audio partition was screwed up today, i will post again as soon i have reinstalled everything again.
cheers,
ponx
ponx

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello again, guys !
sorry to report that the problem is still there ! :<
When i install ABL Pro, it's now shown correctly (also now as a .dll) in the Cubase Plugins List. But as soon as i select the plugin, Cubase 5 will be screwed up as described above.

I'm pretty sure now the problem is related to Cubase 5, and not to the USB audio interface, since ABL Pro was running perfectly on Vista32 under Cubase Studio 4 with the same hardware configuration.

Is anyone there who is using ABL Pro with Cubase 5 successfully ?

best,
ponx
Hauptbahnhof

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the ABLP trial (version being 1.1.1) from your site and it does NOT work in Cubase 5.1.0, running under either Windows 7 x64 or Windows Vista x86. Upon loading it, nothing happens, it isn't usable, and it causes Cubase to glitch the hell out! And yes, it is installed correctly!
Snakebyte

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem for me with Windows XP 32Bit. Can't get the GUI up, can't register and it crashes Cubase 5 on quitting. Now that is a waste of money.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, we need to do some more Cubase 5 testing.

Do our other plug-ins work?

Also, if you are experiencing problems that are this serious, please drop a line to support so we can try to sort it out.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked again in Cubase 5 and it works here. But I urge any new users to thoroughly try the demo version with Cubase 5 before purchasing.
peeddrrooo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, what's the status about this bug?
i'd really like to be able to use ABLPro within cubase (kind of feel i'm entitled to do so).
please give us some feedback.
thanks
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey peeddrrooo,

If you have crash log please email it to us. Otherwise, the latest versions (which we hope to release soon) should be compatible..!

Best regards,

Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: