AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Losing sync when ABLPro gui visible...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swayzak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Losing sync when ABLPro gui visible... Reply with quote

hi

I've been playing around with ABL in Cubase VST 5 on my old P3 800.

Disabled "cables" and cpu bouncing happily around 30%.

Loaded a sequence in ABL and layed down a simple rhythm on another midi track (playing my Emu APS) and looped 8 bars.

Whilst fiddling around with ABL parameters e.g. remote midi control of filter cutoff and resonance WITH gui visible, playback is jerky and constantly losing sync with the APS drum track.

This is cured by closing the ABL gui.

Doesn't happen with the PHOSCYON 303 emulator.

Another thing as well - feedback from gui when remote controlling these parameters in FLS 6 appears to be about 5 secs late

e.g. I move the filter cutoff up and down via my M-Audio O2

The ABL knob then responds to this about 2 secs later and moves really slowly.

Now this may be a peculiarity of this old machine (I shall test on my P4 3.06 DAW to check).

Seems odd that this doesn't affect other automatible parameters in FLS....

swayzak
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Your machine is a little too low specced for ABL Pro. You might try turning off all FX (antialiasing) in the Preferences dialog. We're also looking in to optimizing performance, this version was not tested on any machine lower than a P4 1.5GHz or similar. Standard ABL and other plugs don't have this problem as their graphics is simpler and requires no layering.

/Mike
swayzak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Janney wrote:
Hi,

Your machine is a little too low specced for ABL Pro. You might try turning off all FX (antialiasing) in the Preferences dialog. We're also looking in to optimizing performance, this version was not tested on any machine lower than a P4 1.5GHz or similar. Standard ABL and other plugs don't have this problem as their graphics is simpler and requires no layering.

/Mike

OK - thanks.

It's a shame though, as the actual audio performance seems fine (when the GUI is not visible !).

And the Cubase cpu meter hit seems very similar, whether the ABL gui is open or not.

Is there a specific reason for this anomaly (plenty of other plugins, some with apparently rich and complex GUIs, run OK on this old machine ?
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None other than that it wasn't tested enough on older machines, but again an update is planned which will adress the gui performance issues. Your particular issue might also have something to do with the host, I don't recall any tests done with Cubase 5. Anyway stay tuned for an update, can't give a date when its ready though, we might just poke some other stuff in there while we're at it..
swayzak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Janney wrote:
None other than that it wasn't tested enough on older machines, but again an update is planned which will adress the gui performance issues. Your particular issue might also have something to do with the host, I don't recall any tests done with Cubase 5. Anyway stay tuned for an update, can't give a date when its ready though, we might just poke some other stuff in there while we're at it..

OK - thanks !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: