AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Controller help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blonde_venus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: MIDI Controller help Reply with quote

Hi. I've recently purchased a Behringer BCR2000 rotary MIDI Controller. I want to control all the features of ABL such as cutoff etc but when use the MIDI learn feature of ABL, it doesn't work (i've followed the instructions in the manual). Could anyone help me? My controller works fine with Reason and other software.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm using ABL as a vst in Cubase SX3
kuruption

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having the same problem. I've tried the midi learn function countless times and it won't work. I'm using a Edirol PCR-M50 midi keyboard and ABL as a vst in FL5.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try using a different plug with MIDI learn and see if it works there?
Sibanger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Behringer BCR2000 Midi Controller won't work Reply with quote

Hi, Sorta new to ABL. Bought BCR2000 to control ABL & ABL Pro in Live 5.01 as VST but just cant seem to assign knobs in" Learn "mode. The BCR2000 is being used as a USB device. PC/AMD 64FX-62 Dual Core/2 Gig RAM/XP SP 2 . My Radium Midiman keyboard works fine but i need more knobs assigned. Yes, the track is armed in Live. Please help. Confused
hoffman2k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use Live's MIDI learn instead of ABL's MIDI learn.
Sibanger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hoffman! Still can't get the 'ABL Synth Section' to learn. Trying to assign BCR's E 33 to Tuning/ E 34 to Cutoff/ E 35 to Reson/ E 36 to Env Mod/ E 37 to Decay to my Audiorealism Bassline VST plugin and have tried all the learn functions on the BCR, ABL's midi learn and the Midi Map Live Switch. If you could walk me through it or show me where i could find step by step instructions, i would be more than thankfull. Maybe my Live preferences are not correct. Thanks so much Smile
Sibanger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Ive finally got my BCR to move an ABL knob, but I can only do one knob . Getting frustrated. Am I missing something obvious or could it be conflicting with my Midiman keyboard midi controller? In ABL Midi Learn mode, I first tweak a GUI knob, then my midi controller, then Tweak another knob, then another midi controller etc but it doesnt seem to help. Hmmmmm Embarassed Need help please . Oh, I am also turning off Midi learn mode when Ive finished. The Live Midi learn function didnt seem to work, Thanks
hoffman2k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you load up ABL in live, you just see the black space of the X/Y controller. Right?

Next to where it says "ABL" there is a little arrow. Click on that.
Now you'll see all the parameters as sliders.
Turn on Live's midi learn, select a parameter and turn a knob.

That should work...
Your MIDI controller must be enabled in Live. As remote input (track is for when you use ABL's midi learn)
Sibanger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hoff! It is working fine now except that some of the controllers on the midiman keyboard are conflicting with the rotary knobs on the BCR2000. Thanks for being so patient and helpful. Just a newbie with lots of questions and thanks for people like you, makes it soooooo much better! Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: