AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

velocity / accent

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: velocity / accent Reply with quote

i think it would be useful to have 2 modes for velocity / accent. it seems it's currently coded to emulate the old style of drum machines - which is fine.

however, it would be useful to have a switch for old style and new - where the velocity controls the amplitude in a more conventional way other than using velocity 127 as the trigger for accents...

for instance if i have lots of flams on closed hats, the high end tends to be a bit much, and controlling the amplitude with (effectively) two dynamic options is a bit limiting. i know i can get round this by using the automating the volume of the chosen drum - but that's not very intuitive.

this probably applies more when using note sequencing rather than the internal ADM seq.

just a thought!

ez. j
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jez,

ADM already has two velocity modes, check the Option menu MIDI Velocity Mode. With 'Single' it acts as you describe, unaccented notes are played with velocity 0-100 and accented 101-127.

In Multi the hit is proportional to the velocity, however 101-127 plays the hit with accent. Accent affects the sound in more than just volume.

--Mike
jez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Hi Jez,

ADM already has two velocity modes, check the Option menu MIDI Velocity Mode. With 'Single' it acts as you describe, unaccented notes are played with velocity 0-100 and accented 101-127.

In Multi the hit is proportional to the velocity, however 101-127 plays the hit with accent. Accent affects the sound in more than just volume.

--Mike

thanks for explaining (slight case of rtfm).

and out of curiosity what other aspects of the sound does accent modify - cutoff, pitch mod?

./j
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: