AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accent Trigger in Note Mode

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dioxide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Accent Trigger in Note Mode Reply with quote

I'd like to see a different way of triggering accents when in Note Mode. Currently you can only trigger the accent on note start, unlike in sequencer mode where you can trigger an accent mid note. For example

Current Note mode:
AOOOO____AOOO

Mid note accent (currently only doable in Patterns):
OAOOO____OOOA

Hope this makes sense. Perhaps it could be triggered using aftertouch instead of velocity, so it can be triggered mid note.
Sjoerd
ABL:er

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this FR insofar as I'd also like to see the possibility to trigger 'mid note' accents in Note Mode. Makes sense to me anyway.

However, I disagree with the suggestion to use aftertouch. That would be almost unusable to play live. Any (user selectable) CC# would be much better imho. Modulation (CC#1) would be my preference, since many keyboards have it (more universal than aftertouch anyway), even for those that have modulation implemented in a on/off fashion (instead of 'continuous' range 0-127) it still would work. I've set it up this way for one of my 303's that has the Kenton CV/gate inputs and converter, and it works very nice, while leaving aftertouch available for controlling the filter cut-off (my preference) or modulation depth, for example.
dioxide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a one of the seq mode Phoscyon uses a MIDI Note to trigger accents so you can trigger the accent mid-note. Any plans for this feature in ABL?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: