AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuning MG (Oscillator 3)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> ABL Pro / ASM Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel.b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Tuning MG (Oscillator 3) Reply with quote

I picked from the manual if i tune MG to 164.77Hz (=E3) it is slightly detuned to Osc1. In fact it is 1 octave below Osc1, or did i anything wrong?

I've got a nice detuned three-osc-sound if i set Osc1 finetune=0, Osc2 finetune=-0.08 and MG freq=330.88Hz (=E4).

Greetings Daniel
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel.b,

It might be a typo in the manual -- are you sure the footage of osc1 and 2 were set to 8'?
--Mike
daniel.b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike!

Okay this would be the point. The Oscs in my patch are set to 16'. I thought this would be the standard tune? Because in the initpatch the oscillators ar also set to 16'

Daniel
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe 8' is the standard footage for the oscs, at least what the manual considers the reference tuning. But its not a big deal, as long as you get the basic tuning you like its easy to switch between octaves in ablpro..!
daniel.b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i've tested it. If i set Osc1&2 to a footage of 8' the MG (at 164.77Hz) is 2 octaves below the other oscillators.

Not a big problem at all, but i was a little bit irritated if i tested the tutorial from the manual at first.

Daniel
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh but I think the tutorial is trying to show how to build three osc patches, its intentional that the third is tuned one oct below the other two.
daniel.b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, probably i misunderstood the manual. :D

I had other things in mind. Big sawleads, locked-hands style chords and stuff like that... :)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> ABL Pro / ASM Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: