AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Learn / Midi CC for Step Buttons

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niklas_sn7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Midi Learn / Midi CC for Step Buttons Reply with quote

Hello,

maybe there are some technical restrictions to this but I couldn't find a software step sequencer which you can program live by controlling the step buttons via midi cc or midi notes. Mouse sucks completely. And how "live" would it actually be to trigger preprogrammed patterns?

As you worked it out for ABL 2 already - but with a different sequencing approach - is there a possibility to assign ALL functions to Midi in the ADL as well?

Thank you - so far your software is absolutely great.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to use the MIDI CC learn for the step buttons on ABL2?
niklas_sn7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midi learn on the abl2 works with all functions I tried so far including notes and step up/step down. i used abl as a sequencer for adm too, but it isn't quite comfortably. namely that there is only one note per step possible with one device.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, what MIDI controller are you using?
niklas_sn7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

different ones, e.g. dd-11 drumpads for notes, mir mk1 for midi cc - I'm only testing for the moment but all devices are working fine - for example as daw remote or during other application's midi learn modus.

I dream of using at least one of the virtual step sequencers available via some midi controller buttons in line.
chris_in_london

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, please please please! i would purchase ADM if it had this feature. i can't believe there are no VST drum machines that have midi-mappable step-buttons for pattern editing....
elastic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive plus 1 for this feature!!

I'm dying to assign the 16 step buttons to either my NI Maschine (in midi mode) or my novation nocturn.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: