AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dedicated hardware controller for both ADM and ABL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savo Jr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Dedicated hardware controller for both ADM and ABL Reply with quote

It came in to my mind again when i saw audiorealism frontpage and it's picture of ABL looked so realistic that i thought it was already done.. :D

Of course i could use my BCR-2000 for editing those parameters but its not the same.. if there is different profiles for many other products as well its easy to forget which knob which.

And if taking this even further -when that plastic box is created and in production -how about adding processor to it and having stand alone ABL's and ADM's? :P
ekwipt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 but it's probably not cost effective, you could run both the programs off a low powered laptop and single audio out soundcard
Savo Jr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekwipt wrote:
+1 but it's probably not cost effective, you could run both the programs off a low powered laptop and single audio out soundcard

Sure i know it wouldnt be cost effective. But im ready to pay umm. something like 303€ from that immediately.
Laptop is totally different thing -as i am not looking portable ABL. More like hardware ABL.
With dedicated knobs from where you can read "cutoff" "decay" etc.. like i said with MIDI controllers there is just bunch of knobs without right look and feel.

Building my own customized midi controller with TB-interface and using ABL with it would be closest alternative.
Sjoerd
ABL:er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: iBL Reply with quote

A box, with sturdy, precise, responsive controllers (MIDI protocol would be nice, but not precise enough -- I'd prefer OSC for hardware controller elements talking to VST/AU and audio components; with MIDI conversion as a backward compatibility feature) isn't nearly enough. You'd also need something like a VST host running on an embedded linux + flash memory box, and DA converters (audio card with output(s)). All is very well possible, but would need some scale to get the prices down. I'd say with about 100 buyers/builders and up, the numbers could start to look interesting.

---

Much more interesting, efficient, hip, sexy and realistic imho: iBL: Bassline for iPhone / iPod Touch. These devices *have* audio outputs, ultra responsive, precise and sturdy controllers (multitouch screen, accelerometer), and could run a AU host (we just need to build one ;-P). They also have a nice screen for GUI (parameter feedback!), can record audio, have a huge memory (4 / 8 / 16 / 32 GB), etc.

And they fit in your pocket so you could take and use it practically *anywhere*.

PS Mike did you already buy that iPhone? Smile

some reference / inspiration: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/08/25/iphonetouch-roundup-btbx-acid-bass-idrum-workflow-and-babies-opensoundcontrol-app/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: