AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to record ADM to Ableton?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rackety

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: How to record ADM to Ableton? Reply with quote

When I create a pattern with ADM and then press "play" and "record" buttons in my Ableton 7, it records nothing. Then how can I record the beat I create with ADM?

I'm quite new in both - Ableton and ADM - so the answer might be simple Smile)

Thanks in advance!
SolarRopes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem... anybody?
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant record the midi... big feature request for me.

You can record the audio by setting up a new audio channel and setting the input as adm.
Q6600 : 4gb corsair : 3x 320gb seagate drive 1x 1TB WD Caviar Black : Abit AB9 Pro Mobo : Focusrite Pro 24 DSP : 1xUAD2 Quad, 1xUAD2Duo : Windows 7 x64 : Novation Remote Zero SL : Novation Launchpad : NI Komplete 5 : Cubase 5.5.1 : Ableton 8.1.5
hermanwaltz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the AR products as far as sound. I already own ABL2. But the lack of MIDI pattern export is a turnoff to me. I think step sequencers are perfect for writing your initial beat or pattern but a pain when you want to write slight variations, especially when you are several minutes into a song.

I don't really understand the theory that you wouldn't have a proper 303 or 808 emulation if you could export MIDI patterns. That's silly.
wibwub

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hermanwaltz wrote:
I like the AR products as far as sound. I already own ABL2. But the lack of MIDI pattern export is a turnoff to me. I think step sequencers are perfect for writing your initial beat or pattern but a pain when you want to write slight variations, especially when you are several minutes into a song.

I don't really understand the theory that you wouldn't have a proper 303 or 808 emulation if you could export MIDI patterns. That's silly.

Both ABL2 and ADM have MIDI pattern export. Click on the Pattern menu button and choose "Export pattern as MIDI file" in ABL2 or "Export pattern as MIDI" in ADM.
(Sonar X3 32 bit and 64 bit)
rooseveltkuhn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. I don't know much about it.but once i was read brief details from a cheap essay writing help service about this topic.Report scratching is usually a trademark in several genres of electronic songs. But the idea of lugging around another bit of gear only doesn't seem worth it to us . Oh yea, plus We don't really learn how to scratch upon vinyl in any case.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: