AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BPM and File Save

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> technoBox and technoBox2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetCornerTalking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: BPM and File Save Reply with quote

technoBox does not save a modified BPM.

Here's what I do:
Create a new file,
Adjust BPM,
Save file,
Close technoBox,
Open technoBox,
Load saved file.

The saved file has the default BPM of 120, not the value I gave it.

Any ideas?
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi StreetCornerTalking,

It's not a bug, it's intentional that the BPM and other controls is reset to 120BPM at restart. However, we might add parameter save in the next version. Do other users also prefer automatic parameter recall?

--Mike
Sjoerd
ABL:er

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Maybe add a preferences bundle with some on/off switches like we have preferences in ABL2 / ADM. I am more interested in the sound parameters than BPM. But I bet for DJ's looking to e.g. add a beat to specific records they bring along for a set, it is very worthwhile to be able to store the exact BPM with each pattern.

We do need to think about whether to add such things on a per pattern and/or per session basis.

Settings.app > technoBox:
Load BPM with Patterns ON | OFF
Load Bassline Parameters ON | OFF
clublime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Do other users also prefer automatic parameter recall? --Mike

Yes, that's exactly what is missing for me right now.
When I get back to a saved session I want things to be exactly how they were, instead of having to redo all my knobular fine tuning. Wink
So basically, save everything the way it is on save.

Other then that, great job, thanks for creating this app! Smile
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will probably add that to a future version. --Mike
renegadebliss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Hi StreetCornerTalking,

It's not a bug, it's intentional that the BPM and other controls is reset to 120BPM at restart. However, we might add parameter save in the next version. Do other users also prefer automatic parameter recall?

--Mike

Another user adding a plus one.

I would say both BPM and Parameters' saving and loading would be EXTREMELY useful. You never know when your banging and acid set on the dex, when you might want to just plug the iPhone/iTouch into the Mixing board and bang out your track in the middle of the set. Most Acid Tracks (at least old school) are about 3-4 minutes, so with 1 minute taken away because of the mix,
you don't have a lot of time for adjusting the bpm and parameters, since there is no tap tempo (would LOVE that as well), it takes a bit of work, mixing in a track, with just the pitch control on the turntable to match...

Thanks,
Dave
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> technoBox and technoBox2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: