AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transport should sync/start/stop w/host + tempo divider

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dayjob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: transport should sync/start/stop w/host + tempo divider Reply with quote

i guess i'm an idiot for not clarifying this before i purchased..

ABL2 should sync and start/stop w/the host app's transport w/o having to draw midi data.

i use an app that has no midi sequencer so i'm relying on the host to start/stop any plug in that has an internal sequencer.. ABL2, so far, is the only one that does not have this function and it is a real shortcoming imo.

also, i think it'd be great if ABL2 had built in tempo divider or multiplier so it could run at different clock speeds than the host w/o losing sync. i'm sure there is a way to do this by triggering the patterns via midi but see the above paragraph and you'll see why i think it should be a dedicated function.
R.A.W.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: transport should sync/start/stop w/host + tempo divider Reply with quote

dayjob wrote:
also, i think it'd be great if ABL2 had built in tempo divider or multiplier so it could run at different clock speeds than the host w/o losing sync.
it has, you can set the internal clock to run twice as fast as the host.

as for the other requests... i had never a prob using abl2 in any of my projects. i'm curious: what is this app that is a host but has no midi???? for my understanding that is the shortcoming....

[edit]never mind, saw your other post... might i add, that imo audiomulch sux? Wink[/edit]
http://www.bitmud.com
dayjob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: transport should sync/start/stop w/host + tempo divider Reply with quote

R.A.W. wrote:
dayjob wrote:
also, i think it'd be great if ABL2 had built in tempo divider or multiplier so it could run at different clock speeds than the host w/o losing sync.
it has, you can set the internal clock to run twice as fast as the host.

as for the other requests... i had never a prob using abl2 in any of my projects. i'm curious: what is this app that is a host but has no midi???? for my understanding that is the shortcoming....

[edit]never mind, saw your other post... might i add, that imo audiomulch sux? Wink[/edit]

i've written 3 albums on it. audiomulch is a different design philosophy. it does support midi and allows for midi routuing.. it just doesn't have your standard midi piano roll. just because you don't "get it" doesn't mean it sucks. it just means that it isn't for you. no need to be dickish. i wasn't asking for your opinion

also, every other plug in w/a sequencer that i use has no problem receiving start/stop from audiomulch's transport.. so to ME it's a short coming of ALB2's.

regarding the tempo.. yes.. i know.. but that's a tempo MULTIPLIER.. not a tempo DIVIDER. i'm talking about a button or knob w/various temp divisions of the host on it.. so you could set your host tempo at 160 and run ALB2's sequencer at 80 bpm or 40 bpm etc...
R.A.W.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: transport should sync/start/stop w/host + tempo divider Reply with quote

dayjob wrote:
no need to be dickish. i wasn't asking for your opinion

ok, your first day on the net? didn't you see the smiley??.. it was just a joke, man.
and as your not asking for my opinion, i stop here right now.
http://www.bitmud.com
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABL2's midi triggering system has a few disadvantages but for the most part it works better than Host hard sync, as that seems to cause a lot of different problems between hosts. I've tried adding hard sync to ABL2 and ADM and while it works and is good it also causes problems in other not so obvious areas. But I might have another look at it for the next updates..
dayjob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
ABL2's midi triggering system has a few disadvantages but for the most part it works better than Host hard sync, as that seems to cause a lot of different problems between hosts. I've tried adding hard sync to ABL2 and ADM and while it works and is good it also causes problems in other not so obvious areas. But I might have another look at it for the next updates..

interesting. thanks for the input.

would it be possible to have an option to turn host sync off/on if it is added? might make a useful compromise.

i like the midi triggering of the sequencer. it's very useful and great for messing w/patterns and coming up w/new ones. overall i think using ALB2 is pretty enjoyable. it sounds great.
cnse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Interest in hard sync option Reply with quote

+1 for the option to turn hard sync on/off.

Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: