AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

technoBox2 announcement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> technoBox and technoBox2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: technoBox2 announcement Reply with quote

technoBox2 is the next version of our popular technoBox adding many asked for features such as dual 303s and drum machines, export recordings of songs and SoundCloud integration. A performance page has been added which allows access to the most commonly used controls on one page. The drum machines now allow you to load your own samples (via iTunes documents). technoBox2 runs on iPad and retina displays with crisp native resolution.

Coming soon to App Store!
bigbadotis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Just to be clear, is this an update or a separate app? I don't currently own technobox and want to wait for the next version if it's separate, but I'd like to play now if it's an update :)
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a separate app that is universal binary, so it runs on iPhone and iPad.
KidQuaalude
ABL:er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Are you planning to implement midi-in? How about midi sync? I really hope so, this could be amazing if it supported even just sync for the Line 6 Midi Mobilizer and CoreMidi. I feel midi-sync is the one thing that is severely lacking in all the iPhone music apps. It stops them being used as part of the studio and viewed more as a 'toy' application due to their limited, standalone nature.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KidQuaalude,

We'll be looking into midi for the next updates. Midi Sync is notoriously difficult which is why few apps implement that. It's easier to actually send notes from internal sequencer via midi than it is to sync two sequencers via midi.

--Mike
KidQuaalude
ABL:er

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. So if midi out from the sequencer could be implemented, does that mean midi sync out (iDevice as master) would be possible or is there no way to get an accurate enough clock to send sync?
Perhaps even just sending midi start/stop continue messages could be a half-solution to the problem if the bpm is set the same in Technobox and the midi sequencer you are to start.
noiseblast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Why Not? Reply with quote

I have looked at the features, watched the video, technoBox2 is the shiznit..

And I just realized: this integration of 2 ABL's with 2 drum machines, plus effects, is a much better instrument than anything else Audiorealism offers. For example - I have all your stuff. It is unwieldy to have to use multiple instances, multiple windows, 3rd party effects, etc. compared to what techoBox2 does. The effects are way better, and the integration is awesome compared to what I can do with the individual Audiorealism instruments in Cubase.

SO.. why not build a technoBox2 VST instrument and offer it as a desktop product? I will be an enthusiastic early customer when you do Very Happy
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noiseblast, we've thought about that Smile.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KidQuaalude wrote:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. So if midi out from the sequencer could be implemented, does that mean midi sync out (iDevice as master) would be possible or is there no way to get an accurate enough clock to send sync?
Perhaps even just sending midi start/stop continue messages could be a half-solution to the problem if the bpm is set the same in Technobox and the midi sequencer you are to start.

The problem is clocks run out of sync, no two devices have exactly the same time so starting in sync is not enough. You need to keep sync and doing this for more than two devices turns quickly into a tricky problem.
kyodeejay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
It's a separate app that is universal binary, so it runs on iPhone and iPad.

I hope there is a discount for TechnoBox1 users... I bought the programs few weeks ago, and I'm not swiming in money...
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyodeejay, we'll probably have it at a discounted price for the first few weeks after release so everyone who has already bought technoBox1 has a chance to upgrade.
kyodeejay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then old users from technoBox 1 won't have any economic advantage with new users? Cannot you do a non-free update?

I'm paying two times the app price, and others only will pay it once Mad
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyodeejay, we can't really do update pricing as the App Store doesn't allow it. But technoBox2 will be cheaper the first few weeks for all users. Also think about it this way, technoBox1 + 2 is still cheaper than a dinner down town, or two swedish beers Smile.
kyodeejay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
we can't really do update pricing as the App Store doesn't allow it.

If that's true, then it's ok. Smile
blancodisco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Check out the guys from SyntheticBits, the makers of the Recently updated FunkBox2. They have midi sync in/out working pretty good over wired and even wireless midi on mac side.

Perhaps you can get some tips...

The Molten drum machine app from Red Dog almost has SYNC working, but still not quite there yet

This will BE HUGE if you can can MIDI Beat Clock working. HUGE!

Also dig the idea of the tb2 into 1 vst/au
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> technoBox and technoBox2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: