AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPad Menu Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> technoBox and technoBox2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anickt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: iPad Menu Question Reply with quote

Love the new update! Curious about the lack of panning. Is that something that can be added back in? Not a huge problem if not.

I think it's interesting that people complain about "the 303 way of entering notes". If they knew their "303 History" the randomness of entering notes in the 303 was part of getting that "acid sound". I like to random-ize a pattern and then make adjustments to it. Give it a try.

On to my main question. TB2 on my iPhone has 4 buttons on the info menu: Session Manager, Manual, Save As... and Back. The session manager has four buttons: Load, Save, Delete and Back. The Back buttons on both menus are missing on my iPad. Is this correct? I have re-started and deleted/reinstalled but it is still the same. I can close the menus by tapping outside of them but that seem counter-intuitive to the way it shows up on my phone.

Thanks
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad Menu Question Reply with quote

anickt wrote:
Love the new update! Curious about the lack of panning. Is that something that can be added back in? Not a huge problem if not.

Hi, yes panning is planned to be added back. We had to cut it in order to make technoBox2 run on a iPhone 3G S, but now with the faster iPad 2 and iPhone 4 we'll likely add panning and some more goodies to future updates.

Quote:

On to my main question. TB2 on my iPhone has 4 buttons on the info menu: Session Manager, Manual, Save As... and Back. The session manager has four buttons: Load, Save, Delete and Back. The Back buttons on both menus are missing on my iPad. Is this correct? I have re-started and deleted/reinstalled but it is still the same. I can close the menus by tapping outside of them but that seem counter-intuitive to the way it shows up on my phone.

That's correct - the back buttons are missing. The way to close pop-ups on the iPad is by tapping outside the window. I know it feels weird and I agree, but its really up to apple. We tried adding regular back buttons but discovered iOS disabled them and there is also a risk that Apple wouldn't approve the app. But that said, this is one 2.0.0 and first releases usually have some rough edges. Cleaning up the menus and making better use of the iPad's screen is definitely planned.
anickt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply. Interesting that it's an OS issue. Glad to hear about panning and "other goodies". What might those be? Smile
kyodeejay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, are you going to make a proper GUI for the iPad? Easily you could see all the synths and fx without scrolling pages.

I'd consider getting an iPad if there is an app like this, when I got money, of course Embarassed
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyodeejay wrote:
Mike, are you going to make a proper GUI for the iPad? Easily you could see all the synths and fx without scrolling pages.

Trust me, we tried many different variations of the GUI before we settled on the current GUI, it just works best this way. We had everything on one page originally but it felt awkward and cramped.. And with the current GUI the machines are actually quite similar to the size of a real 303 and 808/909 and that is something I personally enjoy.

Pro tip: You can actually grab a knob and hold and keep tweaking even if you flip between different pages Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> technoBox and technoBox2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: