AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samplerate Issue [Fixed: Download version 2.5.2]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Makrophag

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Samplerate Issue [Fixed: Download version 2.5.2] Reply with quote

Hi!

As I am thinking about buying ABL2, is there still an samplerate issue?
So can I, in the latest Version, change SR to - let's say - 96kHz (what is also becoming standard for most audio interfaces now) without having the Filter of the ABL2 detuned?
If not, you should really think about getting this right!

Maybe the ABL2 runs fine at 44,1kHz but for some VSTs its just better to work at higher sample rates.
And from the Anti-Aliasing point of view, 44,1kHz is the absolute minimum!

There was a similar discussion on the ABL Pro Forum, but no news were posted there, although a fix was anounced with the next updates.

http://www.audiorealism.se/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9521#9521
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Makrophag,

ABL2 should support 44.1, 48 and 96kHz (with slightly different sound due to modeling complexities), though ABL2's engine is completely aliasing free even at 44.1kHz. What host are you using?

--Mike
Makrophag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
I am currently using Ableton Live 8 as host. My native samplerate is 48 kHz, but I plan to get a new audio interface (and use 96 kHz) and try to think in advance.

I remember an older trial version where a higher setting caused a very "cheesy" sound. I think I will check the latest trial again, if you say the sound change is only of minor nature.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked ABL2, it works fine at 44.1 and 48kHz, but the sound is different at 96kHz. Will attempt to solve the problem for the next update.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sample rate bug will be fixed in the 2.5.2 release, and ABL2 should sound much more uniform between 44.1, 48 and 96kHz modes.. Thanks for pointing out this issue!
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ABL2.5.2 version is now available for download on the Products page..!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: