AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wibwub's ABL Pro Skins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> ABL Pro / ASM Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wibwub

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Wibwub's ABL Pro Skins Reply with quote

I've updated the MGB skins for ABL Pro that I did a while ago.

Download here: For what it's worth, I'll put a less annoying download link here in due course.

Please see the screenshots below:

IMPORTANT INFO:

Please note that due to my ancient graphics program, the .png images are somewhat cranky and so these skins do not work with old versions of ABL Pro. Make sure you are using the latest version which can be downloaded from the ABL Pro product page: (https://www.audiorealism.se/store/p3/AUDIOREALISM_BASS_LINE_PRO.html)

To use the skins unzip the file and paste the MGB SKN file and the MGB folder containing the images to:

Windows - Libraries/Documents/Audiorealism/ABL Pro
MAC - Library/Application Support/AudioRealism/ABL Pro/

The updated skin definition file and images are not compatible with the old MGB skins. So you need to delete the old MGB folder prior to copying the new images to the ABL Pro folder.

There are some "Alternative Bits" in the SH101 folder, so you can change the buttons and knobs etc.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Wibwub
(Sonar X3 32 bit and 64 bit)

Last edited by wibwub on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:07 am; edited 8 times in total
Jeff_Fairlight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I have been waiting for a new skin for 5 years now! Looks and works great! THANKS!
Decagon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Nice! Reply with quote

The skin looks great with the new SH-101/MC-202 white font.

Smile

Last edited by Decagon on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
wibwub

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the feedback.
Decagon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have the same light grey texture as on the ABL2 skin?
I think that would look really nice.
wibwub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decagon wrote:
Would it be possible to have the same light grey texture as on the ABL2 skin?
I think that would look really nice.

Short answer:

Yes, do it yourself. Smile

Long answer:

Well there is a slightly lighter version of the skin available in the Private Users Group. As for giving the ABL Pro skin the same background colour/texture (hint: R104,G108,B112 with a bit of uniform noise and a slight shading gradient from the top left corner)- that would be more hassle than I can be bothered with (sorry), especially as I have only tried the demo of ABL Pro.

Changing the background, would then lead to changing some of the knobs for sliders, changing the look of the keyboard and going down the route of trying to make a 202 lookalike...

However, if any of you few lovely people who have downloaded the skins are encountering any graphical anomalies or glitches, then I would be happy to try and fix them.

I say this with the best intentions: why not give it a go yourself (or anybody else out there). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to graphics as my attempt at an ABL 2 skin demonstrates. There is plenty of graphics editing software available for free out there (e.g. http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html - what do Adobe think is going to happen?) - I'm still using a 15 year old beta version of Paint Shop Pro. The knobs and LEDS were done using Knobman: http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

Regards

Wibwub
Decagon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. I'm really not good at graphics work at all. The background already have other elements and text on it, and I don't really know how to change it without ruining it completely.
I would help you with graphics work if I could do it, but i can't do what you have done so far.
I do like both versions of the skin. Maybe someone else can do the background image work?

Smile
wibwub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, because I'm in a really good mood I've done a very quick bodge up on the background:

I've taken a bit too much off the corners and the edges of the 3 LCD displays on the grey background need lightening.

The easy but tedious way to do the text is too use a graphics editor's Magic Wand tool to select the text from the original background and copy and paste it into the new background. It's a customised font that I made so that's the only way other than finding a better font to use.

The backgrounds on a few of the buttons, sliders etc would need changing as well.

But if it's not your thing then fine. I'm not sure it's my thing either but my brain seems to have got stuck in a weird loop Smile

I just hope that you enjoy using the skins I have done.

Regards

Wibwub

Last edited by wibwub on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Decagon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy the skins a lot. It's nice to see someone making skins that look great and are usable too. I appreciate your work and attention to detail, and the fact that you are doing this for free. There aren't many good skins around for AR plugins.

Thank you!
Very Happy
Resonator63

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the lighter version.
Thanks for sharing them Very Happy
Decagon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I compare the light grey ABL2 skin, with your new ABL Pro background, they don't seem to have the same light grey colour and texture.
I just hope you will match the ABL Pro skin with the ABL2 colour and texture in an update. It really looks much nicer and more accurate on the ABL2 skin.

Smile
wibwub

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decagon wrote:
When I compare the light grey ABL2 skin, with your new ABL Pro background, they don't seem to have the same light grey colour and texture.

Smile

On "average" it is the same colour and texture. The difference is the ABL2 skin has a slight shading gradient from the top left corner - if you do this with the ABL Pro skin then you would need to do nearly every button separately (which I did with the ABL2 skin) as they would have different backgrounds.

Decagon wrote:
I just hope you will match the ABL Pro skin with the ABL2 colour and texture in an update. It really looks much nicer and more accurate on the ABL2 skin.

Smile

I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

It was never my intention to do a version with a lighter skin - I only did the MGB Light version and the above background as a very quick fix. And I prefer the darker grey version.

My plan of action skin wise is:

- finish off an ABL2 skin I've been playing around with - a very different look, and perhaps just a little bit silly;

- re-visit the ABL2 LGB skin;

- start something else, get bored halfway through, realise that the near eternal winter in the UK is finally over (hopefully) and poke my head outside of the cave for the first time since autumn.
Decagon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. Well, I can still wish and hope for it to happen.
At least someone is making good skins. Smile
wibwub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated my MGB skin to include bigger knobs in the voltage processor section - those tiny 7 x 7 knobs are now a far more impressive 14 x 14.

I got a bit carried away with myself and ended up making a few variations on my template. The download includes four "themes" inspired to a greater or lesser extent by real world synths:

1. MC-202

2. Roland JP 8000 - I'm really pleased with this one but I can't take credit for the knobs (way better than anything I can do). They are a slightly modified version of a public domain file from the Knobman Gallery - it was the knob that inspired the skin! The Knobman Gallery also provided the starting points for one or two other elements.

3. Korg MS20 (vaguely)

4. Nord (maybe Micro Modular) - needs a bit of a re-think to put more grey areas on it.

The simplest way to use the themes is to copy and paste the graphics files from the sub-folder to the main folder before running ABL Pro. Of course this means you can only have one them at a time.

But you could create your own .skin file for each theme if you wanted.

And you can mix and match elements between the themes as they are (mostly) interchangeable. But some elements just don't work with each other. I have created a few other bits and pieces which I'll put together in a file to give you further mix and match elements if you want.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Wibwub

Last edited by wibwub on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
wibwub

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by wibwub on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> ABL Pro / ASM Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: