AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trigger vst from ABL2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ienabellamy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Trigger vst from ABL2 Reply with quote

Hello ! i'm a newbie of this world. I'm using Logic Pro 9 with ABL 2 recently buyed, , i'm reading that like original Roland 303, i can trigger external synth ( i haven't for the moment ) or other VSTs inside Logic. Is it true ? in which way ? for example i've also Lounge Lizard and Trillian... can someone explain the procedure ? THANKS !
ienabellamy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody from Audiorealism could just give to a buyer 5 minutes of time to answer me ? thanks...
Decagon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your frustration, but it's actually just one guy running this company.
Very Happy

Not sure how it works with Logic 9, but you need to activate midi out on ABL2. Not sure how you route it to another synth in Logic 9. Sorry.
I use Ableton Live as it's less headache.
ienabellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hallo Decagon ! yea, i just activated the midi out (ABL in VST mode) from ABL...and i just see the correct new virtual channel (click) from ABL in Logic... yea the question now is HOW to route this signal to trigger the arpeggiator of my TAL plugins for example..or Bass station or any synth avaiable...

how do u achieve this in ableton ? maybe the procedure will be similiar... i use also Maschine from NI, maybe u have any idea at least on this how to? thanks man
Decagon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Sorry for late reply! I got a flu, sore throat, and headache. Been sick for more then a week now.

Logic only supports AU plugins. I don't think midi out works on AU in Logic.
If the midi out feature only works on the VST version, then i don't think there is any way to do what you want in Logic.

I stopped using Logic as i think it's a dated DAW, and it does not support VST. Routing or doing simple things for electronic musicians in Logic is a nightmare. I just gave up on Logic, as i don't think routing or resampling, experimenting, should take more then seconds to setup in a arrange window.
I use Ableton Live now. I have since version 8. Everything works there as i expect it to.

That only works if the other plugin itself supports external midi control or have midi out support. Other then that they also need to be on the same midi channel.
Sorry i can't be more helpful. I haven't really tried to do this myself. I only tried to record a pattern i made in ABL2 to another midi track in Live.
It's best if you ask about that in a Logic forum.

Check these links!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYAwzJFpHr8

http://www.audiorealism.se/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7870&sid=21ce602bd3dafc73dc937cd5daefc059
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: