AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't import ReBirth Patterns - Is it really only me?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antonbohlin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: I can't import ReBirth Patterns - Is it really only me? Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Recently purchased ABL2, been playing with demo versions for years though. Very excited about finally being able to use it! So - I'm running the latest version ( ABL2.9.1.8 ) as an AU plugin with Logic Pro X 10.0.6 on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

On my iPad I have ReBirth installed and like to play around with it a great deal while traveling, but would very much like to be able to import patterns straight from the .rbs file Rebirth gives me into Logic. However when selecting the .rbs ABL2 doesn't respond in any way and stepping through the list of patterns, nothing new has been imported.

I thought maybe the .rbs file format from the iPad edition of ReBirth incompatible, so using an old pc and the latest version of ReBirth from the RB museum I opened it and saved it again, but without any improvement.

However - I have had success with the standalone Windows version, the latest one works but I also found a copy of ABL2.5 that runs even better on my old PC workstation. With the standalone I can import the .rbs successfully (both the one from the ipad and the re-saved one) without problems and the ReBirth Patterns are laid out consecutively starting at pattern 00! From there on I can export a .pat that I can import to my ABL2 in Logic.

So it is my belief that there is a problem with the ReBirth Import later versions of ABL2, possibly restricted to the OS X AU edition of the later versions of ABL2? Since I'm running Logic Pro X which is 64-bit only, I can't try with older versions here in my Mac.

Obviously this process is a bit tedious since it requires me to have access to the old PC, and I'd really like to see the import feature work properly. Am I the only one experiencing this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
antonbohlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping this now
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: