AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reason states ABL2's MIDI pattern file has corrupt data

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damonew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reason states ABL2's MIDI pattern file has corrupt data Reply with quote

On Windows 7, I have ABL2 v2.9.2.0 (64 bit) running within Cubase 7.5.30 (64 bit), and Reason 8 (64 bit) with ABL RE. I have been trying to export MIDI patterns from the VST version to use within Reason. When I try to import the MIDI file, Reason shows a dialog with this message, "One or more of the tracks in the MIDI file could not be imported due to corrupt data." Is there a setting that I need to toggle, or change, to get this working?
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi damonew,
Will have to try importing ABL2 midi files into Reason 8, unfortunately we do not have Reason 8 to test with yet. Will look into it but marking this as a low priority bug.

--Mike
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a quick check, it is correct that Reason seems to be unable to import the .mid files that ABL2 outputs. However when I tried importing the .mid into other hosts such as GarageBand and Logic it worked, so I'm not sure why Reason is not accepting this file.

An alternate route you might try is to use ABL2's midi output and record that into your host. Then save the midi from your host and import that into Reason.

--Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: