AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PING Test in Blade and Soulâ… 

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> User Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckyowl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: PING Test in Blade and Soulâ…  Reply with quote

From what I saw today, while watching one of the BnS streams, many players don't know how to properly check their ping in BnS. It is not their fault, the game doesn't really show you a ping tool in the game so you an easily check it out and many players are not that much of a tech type. So this post is addressed to them. By a way, if you want to buy blade & soul gold, welcome to our site.

Finding the real IP
First a little introduction. I saw people telling other people what kind of IP address to put in pingplotter so they can test it out, IP that you might never use it yourself because of different region/server, IP that changes while you go from open world to cross server. I know there is a big chance you can get it right because servers might be together in a cluster but you have different servers for different things and you want to be accurate. Some people can show you pingplotter pic with constant xx ping in open world and that's it for them, no lag, but that is half the work done. If you change to cross server you connect to a different IP that needs to be checked out, some players have troubles in cross server/arena, some not.
We will use Resource Monitor to find out the IPs because its one simple way. We are not using this tool to check out the ping. Open Resource Monitor, Win+R then type resmon, or how others do it by opening task manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc -> Performance (tab) -> Resource Monitor (bottom). Once you opened click on the network tab, then check the box on the left side for Client.exe. Client.exe is shown when the game is running.

Getting the IPs. If you got so far you will see something like this ( http://imgur.com/TWdw2v4 ). Now, as you can see in the second window named network activity the most traffic is done by the first IP, in my case 206.127.149.9. To be more accurate you have to look at the 3rd window named tcp connections. If you are in open world in the game you have to check for the IP with the remote port 10100. As you can see in my case its the same 206.127.149.9. The other IPs and ports are for other stuff; port 6600 is for login server, 10241 for chat server etc. Now, if you are in the cross server/arena you have to look for remote port 11900. If you are already there, in the cross server/arena, you will see something like this ( http://imgur.com/TSIbIJd ). Look for remote port 11900 and you can find the IP for arena. It is also the one with most traffic as you can see in my case, 206.127.149.4. In short, you only need to find the IPs with remote port 10100 and 11900, those are the game servers. Might have to repeat what others will say here, ignore the latency in Resource Monitor, its not accurate.

So in my case I found 2 IPs I'm interested to check. First one is 206.127.149.9 with port 10100, 10100 indicating that is one of the individual game servers. This IP is Windrest server on EU; you might find out something similar like Cardinal Gates 206.127.149.10:10100, Ebon Hall 206.127.149.8:10100, Mushin (NA) 64.25.35.26:10100 and so on. Second IP is the one with port 11900, indicating that is an arena or any cross server dungeon. In my case second IP is 206.127.149.4:11900.(To be continued)

For more information you can visit our site. Besides it, we provide cheap bns gold too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> User Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: