AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patterns versus Sound in ABL Pro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nordlead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Patterns versus Sound in ABL Pro Reply with quote

hello everyone!

the new ABL Pro seems to be a very nice and funky tool.('Very Happy')

my question is: when I have programmed a pattern on my own, I usually want to change the patches (just the sound) but keeping my pattern running. it doesnt seem to work. each time I change the patch, the pattern changes too.
'Sad')

I read the manual and tried the "write protect" and "lock" buttons, but they dont have any effects on this. so what do I have to do?

Thx, nordlead
Ronny Pries
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nordlead,

in the current version a pattern is part of the patch, thus will be changed with the patch. To achieve what you're looking for you can export the pattern and import it into a patch of your choice.

Ronny
nordlead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the quick reply.I've done it with the export-function, cause its the only way I've found out to do it. Confused So my personal wish for future updates of the really funky and deep ABL Pro is an option to unchain/chain pattern generator and sound-engine. You got the skills and I´m a customer.Wink Thx.
nordlead
LarsErik
ABL:er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nordlead, having an option to load/change the patterns and not the sound would be a nice feature.
Sjoerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsErik wrote:
I agree with Nordlead, having an option to load/change the patterns and not the sound would be a nice feature.

I agree too, but I would point out that we already have just that: an option to load/change the patterns and not the sound. What we (also) want is: an option to load/change the sound and not the patterns.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABL Pro Feature request noted.
LarsErik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A easy workaround is to copy the pattern, change the sound, and then paste the pattern back again. Very Happy
Ronny Pries
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsErik wrote:
A easy workaround is to copy the pattern, change the sound, and then paste the pattern back again. Very Happy

Shocked :slappingmyhead:

of course...
Sjoerd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsErik wrote:

True, but very tedious, and hardly usable for intuitive experimenting with the endless possibilities of the ABL Pro. Say I have ten different patterns, and want to try them with ten different sounds, that already makes at least one hundred clicks (not even counting the necessary saving when changing from one sound to another). So forget about a bank of 128 patterns and all the included sounds...
LarsErik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjoerd wrote:
LarsErik wrote:

True, but very tedious, and hardly usable for intuitive experimenting with the endless possibilities of the ABL Pro. Say I have ten different patterns, and want to try them with ten different sounds, that already makes at least one hundred clicks (not even counting the necessary saving when changing from one sound to another). So forget about a bank of 128 patterns and all the included sounds...

Why the criticism? I only suggested a simple little workaround that I use myself.
Sjoerd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsErik wrote:
Why the criticism? I only suggested a simple little workaround that I use myself.

It wasn't meant as criticism, your tip is very welcome indeed. I just wanted to point out that it would still be very nice to have the suggested option available.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: