AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make a hardware version of the bassline.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj teknovibe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Make a hardware version of the bassline. Reply with quote

I think the ultimate suugestion would be to make a hardware version of the audio realism bassline. There are so many people ouy there searching for a tb303 hardware unit which are hands on and easier to use and can be taken anywhere that its just unblievable. I think if audio realism did do a hardware version then it would just mak them millionaires considerin the fact that millions of people are searching for the tb303 and resort to having to buy one 2nd hand for extortionate prices.

Make a hardware version and sell it for about £400 and you guys at audio realism will be just rolling around on the floor laughing because you'll have no competition on the tb303 hardware emulation market considering how realistic and amazing sounding the software bassline is.Pleeeeeeease make a hardware version..Do a poll, do anything but you will find that it is worth making one.
dj_stick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm a hardware Bassline would be cool, though could be expensive to develop…

however a dedicated hardware controller for bassline would be nice imo
vae

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there's always the x0xb0x...
dj_stick

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vae wrote:
true - but you won't get the automation control you do with ABL
dlb

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj_stick wrote:
vae wrote:
true - but you won't get the automation control you do with ABL

also the fact that you have to build the x0xb0x yourself. Would love one but to be honest don't have the patience to build it. lol.
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advantage of software (like ABL) is that it can be presented in any form, for instance a hardware box.
Intosia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this idea, and im trying to make something like this. Bases on a small Intel Atom board (or a ARM based board).

But im having problem. Not everything can be remotely controled (midi). For ex. the steps isnt controlable... What i would love to see is a API for the ABL2 engine, that would just rock! Then you can make a totaly custom (hardware!) interface for ABL2!

@Mike: What are the chances of bringing out a ABL2 API?
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intosia wrote:
I love this idea, and im trying to make something like this. Bases on a small Intel Atom board (or a ARM based board).

But im having problem. Not everything can be remotely controled (midi). For ex. the steps isnt controlable... What i would love to see is a API for the ABL2 engine, that would just rock! Then you can make a totaly custom (hardware!) interface for ABL2!

Well there is little chance we'll bring out a public API. But we're open to the idea of licensing the ABL2 engine to a hardware manufacturer if anyone wants to license it.

--Mike
Intosia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Intosia wrote:

Well there is little chance we'll bring out a public API. But we're open to the idea of licensing the ABL2 engine to a hardware manufacturer if anyone wants to license it.

--Mike

Ok, well the thing i would be happy with, would be; ABL2 as a standalone program (now i use a simple vst host), but with some sort of API to control it. So i could write a separate program that communicates with the hardware and sends commands to ABL2. Sure, this would need to run a Windows based machine. But thats not really a problem, a small Atom PC is build for $150~, thats nothing. Just my DIY dream Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: