AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bassline Pro and 96k

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owlmerlyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Bassline Pro and 96k Reply with quote

Hi all, I am a new owner of the Bassline Pro and am really enjoying its sound and versatility. However, I have noticed a big difference between the sound of the the synth at 96k vs 44k - 96k sounds a lot brighter (too bright) and 'weird' compared to 44k. I have searched the forums on the issue and have only found information to the effect that Bassline is designed for 44k and some debate as to the quality de/increase using the synth at 96k. However, I am still no clearer as to how to make it sound good at 96k. Two points I want to make

- To my mind 96k should sound better (more airy, 'natural' and tighter) not worse than 44k, which, to my ears it does sound right now.

- Irrespective of the above debate, I want to fit the synth into projects that are running at 96k, which means the synth should at least sound as good at 96k as it does at 44k, which, as I have said, it doesn't to my ears.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there an update I am missing?

I would appreciate any input / adivce / pointing in the right direction on this matter.

Much appreciated

BTW I am running Bassline Pro in Ableton Live on a 3 Gig PC running XP
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You are not missing anything - the 96kHz issue is a known one. ABL Pro does operate at 96kHz however the sound is indeed a bit different. The reason for this is it has been optimized for 44.1kHz operation. There is also little gain in audio quality running it at higher rates. It already has sections running at 88.2kHz internally at the standard rate, and is virtually aliasing-free.

I do understand the importance of running it at 96 with the same sound, and this issue will be adressed for a future update.

/Mike
owlmerlyn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply, Mike. I look forward to the update. Any ideas on when it will become available?

PS. Thanks for a great sounding synth
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to give exact dates, but usually it takes a few months to properly improve a product and bugfix.

/Mike
owlmerlyn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I look forward to the update. .. I have some 96k projects in urgent need of some good bass
ruben

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the issue...
Looking forward for the fix to be ready! Wink
hoffman2k

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on this?
Its a big shame that I cant use one of my favorite synths for any of my current projects.

I also want to sample some patches, but that too requires 96k to work.
You say it works with sounding a little different, but the difference is really high pitched sample rate conversion going on.
ruben

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoffman2k wrote:
Any word on this?
Its a big shame that I cant use one of my favorite synths for any of my current projects.

I also want to sample some patches, but that too requires 96k to work.
You say it works with sounding a little different, but the difference is really high pitched sample rate conversion going on.

It's funny, I too have been waiting for this bugfix for 1 year and 3 months now.

Crying or Very sad
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, only got two hands. Other bugs have been adressed pretty quickly but the sample rate issue is not a trivial one.
shiyimeng

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physical Divorce: enroute for the camping.Going into the concept of your Change: building your substance.Real Portrayal with the Change: the state of your compound; zero windows right up until they will should have all of them.Foreshadow in the Closing Clash: listening to radio stations as well as hearing about world war 2.Creating figures: Franco speaks to Pinkley (your Fool); Wladislaw covers the lady performing on the stereo; Maggot doesn’to similar to females.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: