AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABLPro/ASM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> ABL Pro / ASM Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Win
ABL:er

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: ABLPro/ASM Reply with quote

hi mike,

i know you are working hard on ADM (and i anxiously await the result!), but i was wondering if you could provide some info on an ABLPro update:

1) the website now refers to it as ASM but the GUI still shows Bassline Pro.

2) the private forum contains a link to a beta which appears to be abandoned. it uses PNG files rather than BMP for the GUI. use of this beta appears to be stable, but leaves the "installation" in a beta state (meaning that the alternate skins, default and x-ray, don't work - restarting ABLPro beta with x-ray skin selected (bmp) will cause the GUI to be drawn in all black). so will this method (png) become official and the other skin(s) made available in this format?

3) the readme refers to an additional 100 presets which were intended to be shipped with the product, but would instead be made available on-line.
are these actually available, and if so, where?

thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these q's.
-win
audiorealism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ABLPro/ASM Reply with quote

Hello Win,

Quote:

1) the website now refers to it as ASM but the GUI still shows Bassline Pro.

True, and it was noted that next official update would reflect the name change. The posted 1.1.x update in the private forum came before it was decided to rename ABL Pro to ASM. The product is still very much supported, with various minor bugfixes.

The name change is partly motivated by the fact that ABLPro has passed many softsynth users by because they have related to it by merely being an extended 303 clone, while in fact its more a traditional synth architecture with an onboard pattern sequencer. I think the sound is very successful as an analog emulation of certain 2 or 3 VCO synth. So the name change is just one step towards remarketing the product to gain a broader usage base.

Quote:

2) the private forum contains a link to a beta which appears to be abandoned. it uses PNG files rather than BMP for the GUI. use of this beta appears to be stable, but leaves the "installation" in a beta state (meaning that the alternate skins, default and x-ray, don't work - restarting ABLPro beta with x-ray skin selected (bmp) will cause the GUI to be drawn in all black). so will this method (png) become official and the other skin(s) made available in this format?

Correct, the newer version is not compatible with old skins due to changes in the graphics framework. The advantage of the new framework is that it has alpha support and the old skins were simple .bmps. In order to test the beta I converted the default skin to .png, however since a new update would have to get new skins anway to reflect the new name and possibly some new addons I haven't taken the time to convert all the skins. The png skin is available in the PC beta download (in the private forum). For Mac things are a little different as I believe it does support the old .bmp skins. In any case you are right in that the current beta release should be made official and shipped but as you noted things are busy around here, and a second pair of hands could be useful.

Quote:

3) the readme refers to an additional 100 presets which were intended to be shipped with the product, but would instead be made available on-line.
are these actually available, and if so, where?

There were about 100 submitted patches from the beta testers and patch designers which didn't make the release because they either sounded too similar to the released patches or they were unsuitable for other reasons. Ronny has released a pack of about 75 patches (its on the ASM page) and another patch designer released a pack (I received it but neglected to post it for some reason, I will have to see if I can locate it and post it).

Hope this answers your questions..!

--Mike

Edit: Added some clarification about the name change.
Win

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mike,
thanks for the quick answers!

no problem with any of that, i just was wondering.
Smile

i'm definitely more interested in ADM at the moment, so i hope things are going well on that front.

i can wait for an official ASM update after that.

cheers.
Win

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump to encourage some ABLPro/ASM love!

hoping for an update to one of the most authentic and under-rated synths out there...

this is one of my absolute favorites, but is badly in need of a little attention.

please?

Smile
commuter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Smile
ABL/ASM/ADM
manimal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

use this bad boy in almost everything i release
DrGonzo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday night bump. More love for the ABL Pro!

/C
manimal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we are in for an update sometime soon

http://twitter.com/#!/audiorealism
DrGonzo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCIT3D!!!111
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> ABL Pro / ASM Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: