AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

808 kick over 3 octaves

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: 808 kick over 3 octaves Reply with quote

I know a lot of people would love to see the 808 kick over 3 octaves or so (maybe lower down the scale?) So that they can write their 808 basslines. Especially some of the D&B and breaks people.
Sjoerd
ABL:er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with dlb.

I'd love to see an effective way to have full and precise control over tuning of all pitched drum sounds, not only the bass drum (indeed very important) but also toms, snare, rimshot, conga's, claves etc.

As a (imho) very good example of implementing such features I'd like to point to SonicCharge's MicroTonic product (which I am sure Mike and most of you are familiar with). What I really like about that is that each sound can be triggered over the full frequency range, by using separate MIDI channels for each drum sound. Since the ADM will (probably?) have max. 11 simultaneous drum sounds in total, a similar method could be implemented here, using e.g. MIDI channels 1 to 11 for pitched triggering of the separate drum sounds, while using another MIDI channel for control of the whole machine (sequencer, tempo, accent, shuffle, volume, etc.).

I do realize that expanding the frequency range of the ADM drum sounds will probably have its limits within the model used, meaning that having a full 10 octave range will probably not be possible (at least not for all sounds). However, the main point I want to make here is that this would be a simple, elegant and effective method of having control over the tuning of pitched drum sounds. This would imho also hold true for more limited pitch ranges of a couple of octaves.

What I also find _very_ useful (and chic too) is that the MicroTonic GUI gives EXACT feedback on both frequencies in Hz and musical notes (+ fine tuning). I'd love to see such precise graphical feedback in the ADM as well.
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just coming to post something similar

Very Happy
dlb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still love this feature.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AudioRealism Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: